A1 Training Services Ltd
Sports Injuries First Aid
This is a two day course which is suitable for Anyone wishing to become an accredited first aider in the workplace, particularly where it has been identified subsequent to risk assessment that a trained first aider is recommended.
The Training Syllabus
The Sports Injuries training syllabus covers:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Sports first aider
- Recording and reporting of accidents and incidents including RIDDOR
- Contents of a sports first aid kit (including preventing cross infection)
- Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
Administer first aid to a casualty who is/requires:
- Unconscious (including seizure)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Choking Wounded and bleeding
- Suffering from shock Appropriate first aid for minor injuries including minor cuts, grazes and bruises
In addition, discussion of specific sports related injuries/illness to include topics such as –
- Anaphylactic shock
- Stroke Asthma
- Heart Attack including Angina
- Fractures & dislocations
- Spinal injury management
- Soft tissue injuries
- Head injuries
Learners must be physically able to carry out procedures required to meet awarding bodies (FAIB, SQA, ITC) assessment criteria.
This course complies with Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981 and updates learners of any change in practice and guidelines.
Learners are required to attend a two day requalification course after the three year period to keep the qualification valid.
It is strongly recommended learners update their skills by attending a 3 hour annual refresher course.
Phone 07807 673 144 or email: email@example.com