A1 Training Services Ltd
Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
This is a one day course, ideal for anyone wishing to expand emergency first aid skills and provides an understanding of The Chain of Survival.
The Training Syllabus
The Automaticed External Defibrillation course covers:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
- The Chain of Survival Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Basic anatomy & physiology of the heart Common heart problems
- Overview of an AED
- Care of AED equipment
- Use of AED
Over 150,000 people die from cardiac arrests in the UK each year. Where an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is used quickly can improve the chance of survival from 5% – 80%. It is also said that AED’s can be up to 8 times more successful than Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) at restarting the heart. .
Learners must be physically able to carry out procedures required to meet Resuscitation Council UK assessment criteria.
Learners are recommended to attend a one day course after the one year period to keep skills up to date.
Phone 07807 673 144 or email: email@example.com