A1 Training Services Ltd
Emergency First Aid at Work
This is a one day course which is suitable for employees who have been identified to act as the first aider in low risk work place environments.
The Training Syllabus
The Emergency First Aid at Work training syllabus covers:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Recording and reporting of accidents and incidents including RIDDOR
- Contents of a first aid kit (including preventing cross infection)
- Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
Administer first aid to a casualty who is/requires:
- Unconscious (including seizure)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Wounded and bleeding
- Suffering from shock
- Appropriate first aid for minor injuries including minor cuts, grazes, bruises, small splinters, minor burns and scalds
In addition, discussion of specific work related injuries/illness to include topics such as:
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Heart Attack including Angina
Learners must be physically able to carry out procedures required to meet HSE assessment criteria.
This course complies with Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981 and updates learners of any change in practice and guidelines.
Phone 07807 673 144 or email: email@example.com