A1 Training Services Ltd
First Aid at Work Re-Qualification
This is a two day course for current first aiders who require their First Aid at Work renewed before the 3 year expiry date.
The Training Syllabus
The First Aid at Work training syllabus covers:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Recording and reporting of accidents and incidents including RIDDOR
- Discussion of specific work related injuries
- Contents of a first aid kit (including preventing cross infection)
- Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
Administer first aid to a casualty who is/requires:
- Unconscious (including seizure)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Wounded and bleeding
- Suffering from shock
- Appropriate first aid for minor injuries including minor cuts, grazes, bruises, small splinters, minor burns and scalds
Administer first aid to a casualty with:
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints including suspected spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Sudden poisoning
- Anaphylactic shock
- Heart Attack including Angina
Learners must be physically able to carry out procedures required to meet HSE assessment criteria.
This course complies with Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981 and updates learners of any change in practice and guidelines.
Learners are required to attend a two day requalification course after the three year period to keep the qualification valid.
It is strongly recommended learners update their skills by attending a 3 hour annual refresher course.
Phone 07807 673 144 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org